Monday, May 4, 2009

Get an ex back using reverse psychology

I was reviewing statistics for the main site today, and was surprised to find that the most popular article is How can I use reverse psychology to get my girlfriend back?

I never would have expected that, and it makes me wonder whether it would still be true if the title referred to getting an ex boyfriend back.

I mean, is it a "guy" thing? Do guys want to psych their girlfriends out, more than women do?

I guess I could find out by publishing an article called "How can I use reverse psychology to get my boyfriend back?" -- but it wouldn't add much value to the site. The information in the article that's already there applies to boyfriends just as much as it applies to girlfriends.

And the searches that drive readers to the article aren't always about getting back an ex.

Sometimes it's "My girlfriend uses reverse psychology on me and I don't want her to."

Sometimes it's about using reverse psychology on women, in general. Like, how to use reverse psychology to get a girl, or on a wife.

It bothers me some, that there are so many queries amounting to "how can I trick her into doing what I want." I wish people understood that trickery doesn't build healthy relationships.

But at the same time, I understand that when you're desperate to get your ex back, you want to use any tool at hand.

Food for thought, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment