Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can you get your ex girlfriend back if you abused her?

Recently I was doing some research to see if I could find any advice, anywhere, on what a guy could do to get back together with his ex girlfriend if he had been abusive while they were together.

I didn't expect to find much, but I was surprised to find nothing at all. I guess there are unforgivable sins.

I read texts written by professionals, and forum posts written by women seeking help, or men seeking sympathy. And I read many, many blogs maintained by victims of past abuse.

The consensus, among everyone except the male abusers, was that men don't change. Abusers don't heal, and a problem relationship with an abuser is not a "solvable" problem.

The only contrary opinions were offered by a few apologetic men, who after years of therapy felt that they had overcome their old natures, and wanted advice on how to get their ex back. Yet no one, not even other men who were sympathetic, had any advice to give.

I would be interested to know if any past abuser ever tried the techniques in this system to get your ex back and met with any success.

No comments:

Post a Comment